The University of Limpopo (Turfloop) is a university in the Limpopo Province, South Africa. It was established on 1 January 2005, by the merger of the University of the North and the Medical University of South Africa (MEDUNSA).
Applying To Study At University Of Limpopo Online
To apply to the University of Limpopo , you need the documents below :
1) A certified copy of the green bar coded ID
2) Proof of payment of any relevant application fees
3) Certified copy of grade 11 results and any latest grade 12 results
For a full list of tips to remember before you apply, read here. Applicants must check individual further requirements for each course and each tertiary institution. Please also be aware of NBTs and check with your university if you need NBT results to apply. For more information on NBT’s
FYI: South Africans learners wishing to apply online will need a working email address and an ID number. Foreign learners wishing to apply will need to have their passport number.
Download UL Application Form here: https://www.ul.ac.za/application/downloads/2019%20Application%20Form.pdf
Apply online here
Important Dates: Opening date for all applications: 1 April and will be closing on the 27th September
30 July (MBChB programme)
30 September (all other programmes)
Go to the University application portal to apply online or download application form. Online application is free, whereas paper-based application has a handling fee of R240 for South African applicants and R360 for International applicants
- R240 (SA citizen)
- R360 (International Applicants)
- There is NO application fee for online applications
University of Limpopo (UL) undergraduates prospectuses for are available to you in downloadable (pdf) and click below to read full module details for each degree programme
University of Limpopo Application Dates
Application Open : All courses: 1 March
Application Close : 27 September
1st Semester: 4 JanuaryADVERTISEMENT
Mid-Term Break: 19 March
2nd Semester: 11 July – 15 December
Mid-Term Break: 18 – 23 September
University of Limpopo Admission Requirements
ote: make sure that you meet or exceed the admission requirements as set out on the prospectus. Only Bachelor Certificate holders are eligible to apply for admission.
1.1 National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Bachelor exemption
Prospective students, with an NSC, who wish to gain entry to any undergraduate programme at the University of Limpopo, should comply with the following:
- Life Orientation with an achievement level of at least three (3).
- Aligned with the language policy of the university, English as a language of learning and teaching with an achievement level of at least three (3).
- The required minimum levels of achievement in specific subjects as stipulated in the Calendars of each Faculty, provided that:
- Four 20-credit subjects were achieved with a minimum NSC achievement level of four (4) for degree programmes and
- Four 20-credit subjects were achieved with a minimum NSC achievement level of three (3) for diploma programmes.
- The required Admission Point Score (APS) as stipulated in the Calendars of each Faculty.
Meeting the minimum APS for a particular programme does not, however, guarantee admission.
1.2 Matriculation Certificate
- Students, who successfully completed Grade 12 before 2008, can apply for admission to the University with the normal Grade 12 Senior Certificate with full university exemption by converting their grade symbols to an APS.
1.3 National Certificate (Vocational)
- Students who have successfully completed a National Certificate Vocational NC(V) Level 4 qualification will require the following and will be subject to Faculty Admission Specifications and Placement Tests:
- NC(V) level 4 certificate with 3 fundamental subjects 60% (Life Orientation included) and 4 relevant vocational subjects at 70% for degree programmes.
- NC(V) level 4 certificate with 3 fundamental subjects 50% (Life Orientation included) and 3 compulsory vocational subjects at 60% for diploma programmes.
1.4 The Admission Point Score (APS) system
The system is a simple calculation, using your NSC or Grade 12 university exemption results, which can be done by any prospective student to determine if he/she meets the minimum requirements to gain entry into:ADVERTISEMENT
- The University of Limpopo
- A specific programme of choice offered by a Faculty within the University.
2. Qualifications other than the NSC
Prospective students should get verification of the qualification from Higher Education South Africa (HESA). More information can be obtained from www.hesa.org.za. Prospective students with matriculation qualifications from outside the borders of South Africa, can also contact the International Office on +27 (0) 15 268 3046.
3. Placement Test
The University of Limpopo will conduct National Benchmarking Tests for prospective students. The results of the test will be used for research in terms of student profiles and for allocation of appropriate support.
4. Extended Curriculum Programmes (ECP)
The extended curriculum programmes offered at the University are linked to the corresponding approved regular undergraduate degree programmes, but allow students an additional year to achieve the learning outcomes. Results of the Placement Tests are of particular relevance to gain access into these programmes.
UL Residences | Accommodation
The university has limited spaces in the residences. Therefore, students are encouraged to apply timeously. Accommodation is provided for students in various residences on campus in well-designed, comfortable rooms that ensure an optimum atmosphere where students can live and study. At the Turfloop Campus food services have been decentralised to various residences and students can select a food outlet they wish to use. Meals at Medunsa campus are prepared in an ultra-modern kitchen and served in a central cafeteria.
NB!! Admission into an academic programme does not automatically mean a successful admission into any of the university residences. An application for accommodation must be submitted separately to the Residence / Housing Administration.
- Turfloop Campus:
Private Bag X1106
- Medunsa Campus
Assistant Director Student Residences
PO Box 154
Turfloop Campus Residences caters all levels of students from first year to postgraduate level. Senior students are accommodated in the single rooms whilst our junior students share a double room. Each room comes equipped with a bed, a desk and chair, bookshelves and a wardrobe.
Most rooms share a common bathroom on each floor. A wired and wireless internet access facility is also available in our halls of residences.
The Postgraduate villages consist of family units where students share a kitchen, bathroom and dining rooms. This set up caters for Honours and Masters students.
Post Graduate Village – Masters and doctorate students only.
Post Graduate Residences – Mainly Honors Students
High Rise Residencies – Undergraduate and completing students (those in their final year).
Plattelands – For physically challenged students, post graduate students and student governance members.
Prefabricated Residences – First entering students.
015 268 2520 (male students)
015 268 2570 (female students)
How To Complete UL Application Form
- Qualification you intend following: this is the degree/diploma that you want to study. Please indicate your first, second and third choices, and consult the brochure for courses offered at the campus you wish to study at.
B. PERSONAL DETAILS
- Title: A word that is used before someone’s name, stating their social rank, qualifications, position in an organization, sex, (e.g. Mr, Ms, Mrs, Miss, Prof, Dr etc.)
- Initial (s): First letter (s) of your name (s)
- Surname: the surname that appears on ID/Birth certificate as well as matriculation statement/certificate.
- Maiden Surname: for married women only (this is the surname before marriage).
- Full Names: The names that appear on your birth certificate/identity document.
- Identity Number (RSA): Thirteen (13) numbers that appear on your birth certificate/ ID Book; of which the first six (6) numbers are your date of birth.
- Date of Birth: The year, month and date that you were born (e.g. 17 September 2013)
- Passport Number (International Students): A passport number is basically the number denoted on your passport as such. To locate the number on your passport, check on the top right hand corner of the page where your photo is and find the place where it is indicated ‘passport number’.
- Passport Expiry Date: The date on your passport indicating end of your stay in a foreign country
- Marital Status: Indicates whether you are married, single, divorced or a widow.
- Gender: Your biological identity (e.g. Male or Female)
- Home Language/Mother Tongue: The language spoken at home.
- Religion/Church Affiliation: the religion you follow (e.g. Christianity, Islam).
- Occupation: what you are doing currently (e.g. Grade 12 pupil, student).
- Physical impairment: (e.g. Blindness, deafness, paraplegic, etc) this is in order for the University to assist with your needs.
- Residential or Physical Address: this is the home address or street address.
- Postal Address: this is the address where you receive your post from.
- Contact Details (Telephone No, Cell No, Fax No, E-mail):
C. HEMIS DETAILSADVERTISEMENT
- Citizenship/Nationality: (e.g. South Africa, Namibian, etc)
- Ethnic Group: this information is mainly required for government reporting (i.e. Black, White, Colored, or Indian).
- Province/State: this is the province which you come from (e.g. North West, Mpumalanga, etc).
- Rural/Urban/Peri-Urban: please indicate the nature of the area you come from.
D. MATRICULATION DETAILS
- Examination Date; this is the anticipated date for your examination if you are a current matriculate or the date that you sat for matriculation examination if you wrote previously (e.g. November 2008 or November 2007).
- Highest Grade: the highest grade or standard you have passed (e.g. Grade 11 for current matriculate, Grade 12).
- Examination Number: please provide if it has already been issued.
- Matriculation Certificate Type: how the matric was obtained (for those who have already passed matric) e.g. matriculation certificate with endorsement or matriculation certificate without endorsement.
- School Name: The school you obtain your matriculation/grade12 certificate.
- Examination Department: indicate the province your school is in.
- Last Examination: The date, month and year that you wrote your last examination.
- Subject and Results of Last Examination: As indicated on your grade 11 report or grade 12 statement of result.
E. POST SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
- This information is important for applicants that studied at this or another institution of higher learning before. Please note that false information on this part will result in your application not to be considered.
F. RESIDENTIAL APPLICATION
- This is optional. Accommodation is limited on Campus. Completing this section does not guarantee that you will be allocated accommodation.
G. FINANCIAL AID
- This is optional. Application forms are available at Student Finance Office.
I.PARTICULARS OF PARENTS/GUARDIAN/SPOUSE OR NEXT OF KIN
- Refer to Personal Details
- Complete this section ONLY if you or your guardian/Parent/Spouse is a staff member of the University of Limpopo.
H. DECLARATION BY PROSPECTIVE STUDENT
- This is to declare that the information provided by the applicant on the application form is true and correct.
University of Limpopo Online Application How to Apply
Application to UL is basically online OR offline depending on your preference by following the following steps stated below. To become a student at the University of Limpopo, UL, you have to note the following:
- Go to the University application portal to apply online or download application form.
- Online application is free, whereas paper-based application has a handling fee of R240 for South African applicants and R360 for International applicants.
- If you have applied online, the system will automatically generate a reference/student number for you.
- If you applied manually you will automatically generate a reference/student number for you.
- If you applied manually you will receive a letter and /SMS to acknowledge receipt of your application indicating your reference/student number.
READ ALSO : 2020 Unisa Undergraduate Application Information
You can post your application to:ADVERTISEMENT
University of Limpopo
Private Bag X1106
Step 2: Complete your application form in full.
Step 3: Attach all supporting documents.
Step 4: Complete a student accommodation form.