Stellenbosch University is a public research university in Stellenbosch, a town in the Western Cape province of South Africa. Stellenbosch is the oldest university in South Africa and the oldest extant university in Sub-Saharan Africa, together with the University of Cape Town – which received full university status on the same day in 1918.
Stellenbosch University (abbreviated as SU) designed and manufactured Africa’s first microsatellite, SUNSAT, launched in 1999.
Stellenbosch University was the first African university to sign the Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities.
Stellenbosch University Requirements For Online Application
All candidates for Stellenbosch University 2024 Application Intake should check the list of available Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Master, Certificate, Diploma, Degree, Distance Learning programs and Short Courses offered that have gained the Council on Higher Education accreditation before applying.
All you need to know about Stellenbosch University is published here on SouthAfricaPortal.com and has been obtained from the official website.
Southafricaportal has published the link to access Stellenbosch University admission entry requirements for 2024.
Interested students may apply to any of the Stellenbosch University Programmes (Courses) at any time and are admitted subject to fulfilling Stellenbosch University admission entry requirements for the 2024 academic year.
Stellenbosch University has a brand new Admissions Policy. Please familiarise yourself with the content.
To study at Stellenbosch University you are required to:
- South African school system: Have obtained a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with admission to Bachelor’s degree studies, which means that you must get a mark of at least 50% in each of four school subjects.
- International school system: Final school results from International Curriculum (Cambridge International, International Baccalaureate, etc.), including School of Tomorrow. Click here for the minimum requirements for international curriculums. (A-levels, AS-levels, IB diploma, and GCSE/IGCSE/O-levels)
- Have written the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs). Please note that when you apply for a faculty of Law and of Medicine and Health Sciences program, the NBTs need to be written before 30 June if you want to be considered for selection.
- Also, meet further requirements specific to the program (s) of your choice as set out in the program outlines under the various faculties
Stellenbosch University online application Important Notes
Before applying for admission at The Stellenbosch University (SU);
- Make sure you meet the admission requirements and the required academic points score for your chosen qualification. Every qualification is unique and may require a specific set of subjects and points to familiarize yourself with the Stellenbosch University admission requirements here
- Make sure you have done your research to find out what you need to apply. For more details about the Stellenbosch University offered courses and programs, Please Check the Stellenbosch University prospectus here
- Have Valid Contact Details: Ensure that you have a valid cellphone number and email address. Stellenbosch University corresponds with applicants during and after the application process. Only provide one email address and cellphone number to receive your messages on time.
- Prepared Your Documents: These documents will be required from students applying to study at Stellenbosch University for the first time. You will need to upload them as part of your application so make sure you have the following before you begin the online process. All students who wish to apply for admission at Stellenbosch University are recommended to have the following essential documents/attachments (scanned & uploaded to an electronic device)
- Copy of your school qualifications (e.g. Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
FACULTY SELECTION GUIDELINES
Large numbers of prospective students apply for our programs. Unfortunately, we can accept only a limited number of students. Even though you may meet the admission requirements of a program, you are not guaranteed admission to the program of your choice.
Arts and Social Sciences
Economic and Management Sciences
Education (Foundation Phase)
Education (Intermediate Phase)
Medicine and Health Sciences
Speech-Language and Hearing Therapy
For further inquiries, please contact our Client Service Centre
Tel.: 021 808 9111
For more information and inquiries about the Stellenbosch University admission entry requirements for 2024, visit the official website >> http://www.sun.ac.za/english.