What is a Property Development?
Real estate development, or property development, is a business process, encompassing activities that range from the renovation and re-lease of existing buildings to the purchase of raw land and the sale of developed land or parcels to others.
Where Can I Study Property Development In South Africa
1. University of Cape Town (UCT)
2. University of the Witwatersrand
3. Stellenbosch University
4. Pretoria University
5. Nelson Mandela University
6. Durban University of Technology (DUT)
7. University of Johannesburg (UJ)
8. Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT)
9. Tshwane University of Technology (TUT)
10. Rhodes University
What qualifications do you need to be a property manager in South Africa?
To be employed as a property manager in SA you must hold one of the following registrations:
• property manager registration
• sales representative registration with a property manager condition
• land agent’s registration. If you run a property management business, you must be a registered land agent.
How long is a real estate course in South Africa?
The one-year BScHons (Real Estate) program qualifies graduates to start a professional career in the property industry.
Is real estate a good career in South Africa?
While there is no guaranteed salary or income as a real estate agent, the potential for high earnings is certainly there for those who are dedicated, hardworking, and willing to put in the time and effort to build up their client base.
Are real estate agents in demand in South Africa?
The Real Estate industry is exciting and fast paced. Whether the market is booming or if it is in a slump, real estate is always something that will be in demand.