What is an Artisan?
An artisan is a skilled craft worker who makes or creates material objects partly or entirely by hand.
Where Can I Study Artisan In South Africa
The Artisan Training Institute is based in Roodepoort in Gauteng and was established in 1982 as part of the Anglo-Alpha Group of Companies. The name was changed to Ikhaya Fundisa Techniskills Academy (IFTA) in 1999.
Where can I study to become an artisan in South Africa?
Attend a TVET College
TVET Colleges offer qualifications such as the National Certificate (Vocational) and Nated (Technical) National Certificate courses that are linked to artisan trades. The duration of a course is dependent on the program you register for. It can be anything from a semester to 3 years.
How much is artisan certificate in South Africa?
Training price list
|R 95 000
|R 95 000
|R 85 000
Is artisan a good career in South Africa?
Artisans are necessary for economic growth in South Africa and around the world.
South Africa needs more trained artisans to successfully implement strategic infrastructure projects including the building of roads, bridges, schools, harbors, power stations, and other social and economic infrastructure.
How do I register as an artisan in South Africa?
- A certified copy of ID document;
- A certified copy of the trade test certificate;
- Proof of Address
- For Renewal only also attach proof of previous registration.
Foreign National Artisan
- A certified copy of the Passport;
- Evidence of a legal visa or permit for entrance to the country issued by the Department of Home Affairs with the exclusion of a medical permit or visa;
- A certified copy of a trade test certificate, if the trade test was conducted in South Africa or;
- Certified copy of all foreign trade qualifications;
- Letter of foreign qualification evaluation issued by SAQA;
- Proof of Address.
How much does a junior artisan earn in South Africa?
The average Junior Artisan monthly salary ranges from approximately R 6 323 per month for Mechanic to R 7 823 per month for Boilermaker.
Salary information comes from 58 data points collected directly from employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months.
Is artisan a good career?
One of the benefits of this kind of skill is that it can springboard young people into opening their own small businesses – and this level of independence is of great need in a country such as ours, where job opportunities are scarce, and unemployment has reached an alarming rate of 32,9 per cent as of the first quarter of 2023, according to Statistics South Africa.