Places To Certify Documents In South Africa
You can have copies of original documents certified at any police station, at any time. The certification of copies is done free of charge. You must provide your own copies. The police station’s resources such as photocopy machines and paper, are not for use by the public.
Who can certify South African documents in the UK?
Authentication of Documents
- These documents could be Powers of Attorney, Affidavits, Declarations etc.
- The South African High Commission works strictly on an appointment basis. …
- Should your matter be urgent and you cannot get an appointment in the time needed, you are advised to use the services of a UK Notary.
Who can legally certify documents in South Africa?
Lawyers or notary public (who are members of a recognized professional body) Actuaries or accountants (who are members of a recognized professional body) Members of the judiciary. Directors, managers or company secretaries of a bank or regulated financial services business.
How do I get documents attested in South Africa?
Before being attested, documents can be notarised and verified at:
- A Notary Public and the High Court.
- SAQA, the Departments of Basic and Higher Education and Training (DHET) and Umalusi.
- The Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- The Department of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO)
Where can I get a document apostilled in South Africa?
The DIRCO Legalisation Section provides the following services: Legalises official (public) documents executed within the Republic of South Africa for use outside the Republic of South Africa using an Apostille Certificate or a Certificate of Authentication.