A minister is a politician who heads a ministry, making and implementing decisions on policies in conjunction with the other ministers. In some jurisdictions, the head of government is also a minister and is designated the ‘prime minister’, ‘premier’, ‘chief minister’, ‘chancellor’ or other title.
Find below are the list of Ministers In South Africa
- Communications: Ms Nomvula Mokonyane
- Energy: Mr Jeff Radebe
- Higher Education and Training: Ms Naledi Pandor
- Home Affairs: Mr Malusi Gigaba
- Human Settlements: Ms Nomaindia Mfeketo
- International Relations and Cooperation: Ms Lindiwe Sisulu
- Mineral Resources: Mr Gwede Mantashe
- Police: Mr Bheki Cele
- Public Enterprises: Mr Pravin Gordhan
- Public Service and Administration: Ms Ayanda Dlodlo
- Public Works: Mr Thulas Nxesi
- Rural Development and Land Reform: Ms Maite Nkoana-Mashabane
- Science and Technology: Ms Nkhensani Kubayi-Ngubane
- Social Development: Ms Susan Shabangu
- Sport and Recreation: Ms Tokozile Xasa
- State Security: Ms Dipuo Letsatsi-Duba
- The Presidency: Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Dr Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma
- The Presidency: Women: Ms Bathabile Dlamini
- Tourism: Mr Derek Hanekom
- Transport: Dr Blade Nzimande
- Water and Sanitation: Mr Gugile Nkwinti
With regard to Deputy Ministers, Ramaphosa made the following changes:
- Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries: Mr Sfiso Buthelezi
- Communications: Ms Pinky Kekana
- Finance: Mr Mondli Gungubele
- Public Service and Administration: Dr Chana Pilane-Majeke
- Small Business Development: Mr Cassel Mathale
“The positions of Deputy Minister of Public Enterprises and Deputy Minister in the Presidency for Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation will remain vacant,” Ramaphosa said.
How many ministers are there in South Africa?
On 29 May 2019, following the 2019 general election, President Ramaphosa announced a new cabinet in which the number of ministers was reduced from 36 to 28.
How many ministers are there in South Africa in 2021?
The new cabinet will now be made up of 64 members – including Ramaphosa, Mabuza, 28 ministers and 34 deputies. The size of South Africa’s cabinet has ballooned over the years, from 50 members under former president Thabo Mbeki, to 72 members under Jacob Zuma.
Who are the current leaders of South Africa?
What are the types of ministers?
Types of ministers and name
Deputy prime minister.
Who is the youngest parliamentarian in South Africa?
Itumeleng Ntsube (born 9 September 1998) is a South African politician serving as a permanent delegate to the National Council of Provinces from the Free State. He was sworn in as a Member of Parliament at the age of 20 in May 2019 and consequently became the youngest parliamentarian in South African history.
Who is the Minister of Finance in South Africa now 2021?
Tito Titus Mboweni