Diploma in Civil Engineering
|Maximum time to complete this qualification:||8 years|
- Admission requirements
- Student fees and funding your studies
- Application for admission
Qualification admission requirements
Your admission to Unisa is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements for your chosen qualification.
A National Senior Certificate (NSC) (Diploma endorsement) with a rating of 4 in Mathematics or Technical Mathematics (not Mathematical Literacy), English, Physical Science or Technical Science, or N4 Mathematics and Engineering Science with minimum mark of 50%,
Senior Certificate (prior to 2008) with Mathematics, Physical Science and English with at least a D symbol on the Higher Grade or C symbol on the Standard Grade or N4 Mathematics and Engineering Science with minimum mark of 50%,
NC(V) National Certificate (Vocational) (Diploma endorsement) with English, Mathematics and Engineering Science with a minimum mark of 50%.
Higher Certificate in relevant field.
Applicants who do not comply with the above requirements should consider applying for a lower level qualification for which they meet the statutory and additional requirements.
Study material for this qualification will only be available online.
Click here for more information about Unisa’s general admission requirements.
Student fees and funding your studies
Pay the application fee once you’ve received your student number:
- R115 for online applications
- R185 for hard copy applications (hard copy applications will only be considered in exceptional cases)
Please note that this application fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available.
Click here to find out more about Unisa’s student fees, and the bursaries and loans for Unisa students.
Apply for admission
Applications for admission to Unisa’s undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees) will be open from 1 September to 30 November .
Unisa may, however, open applications for qualifications where there is space available.
Please take note of the following:
- All applications for admission must be submitted online. No self-help stations will be available for applications at the regional offices.
- Admission to a qualification is not automatic. It will depend on whether you comply with the admission requirements and if space is available.
Additional support for this qualification via TVET colleges
Unisa has an agreement with various Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges to offer classes in a selected number of qualifications. These classes have proved to generally improve the throughput rate of students who enrol for them.
Take note of the following:
- Make sure that your TVET college of choice offers support in your qualification.
- Apply for admission during Unisa’s application period via your TVET college or via Unisa.
Unisa will send the necessary information about registration dates and the registration process to all successful applicants who have confirmed their acceptance of Unisa’s offer. Visit www.unisa.ac.za/register for registration information.