The electrical is the flow of electrons, and the electronics is the technique of controlling the flow of electrons for doing the particular work. The working principle of both of them are the same, i.e., uses electrical energy for doing work.
Minimum admission requirements for the four-year BEng programmes
• Write the NBTs AQL and MAT
• An NSC aggregate of at least 70% (excluding Life Orientation)
• Mathematics 70%
• Physical Sciences 60%
• English Home Language 50%, with no Afrikaans requirement, OR English First Additional Language 60%, with no Afrikaans requirement, OR
English First Additional Language 50% with Afrikaans Home Language 50% OR English First Additional Language 50% with Afrikaans Second Additional Language 60%
• Applicants are also subject to selection according to selection criteria for the four-year BEng programmes According to the Faculty’s selection guidelines and selection requirements), your selection mark is calculated by using the marks (out of 100) or your Grade 11 subjects (for conditional selection) or Grade 12 subjects (for final selection) as
Selection mark = Mathematics percentage + Physical Sciences percentage + (6 x Matric average)
The Matric average is calculated from the six best Matric subjects’ percentages (excluding Life Orientation).
The maximum score is 800. Note that Mathematics and Physical Sciences normally also contribute to the average.
Over the last few years, a selection mark of 600 or more gave students a good chance on admission to certain programmes, but in others, 640 or more were required.
In other words, to have a reasonable chance of selection for some programmes, your mark for Mathematics, as well as your NSC average,
should be above 76, and Physical Sciences above 65, while for other programmes Mathematics average marks of at least 80, together with a Physical Sciences mark of at least 70, will be needed.
For admission to the University you need:
• A National Senior Certificate or school-leaving certificate from the Independent Examination Board as certified by Umalusi with admission to bachelor’s degree studies; or
• A university exemption certificate issued by the South African Matriculation Board to students with other school qualifications.
Admission to bachelor’s degree studies requires that you obtain a mark of at least 4 (50-59%) in each of four designated university admission subjects.
What can you do with electrical and electronic engineering?
Control and instrumentation engineer.
Is electrical and Electronics engineering good?
An EEE graduate can earn a good salary right from the start of their career.
There are plenty of job opportunities both in the government and private sectors. KIT, one of the best engineering colleges in Tamilnadu offers students with huge scope for a wonderful career in EEE.
Bachelor of Engineering (BEng / BE), Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) Jobs by Salary
|Software Engineer||Range: R190k – R612k|
|Senior Electrical Engineer||Range: R403k – R936k|
|Electronics Engineer||Range: R233k – R943k|
|Project Engineer||Range: R230k – R976k (Estimated)|