- SA – 31/08/
- Non-SA – 31/08/
- Relevant bachelor’s degree
- Psychology (passed at third-year level) and Education (passed at third-year level),
Psychology (passed at third-year level) and Pedagogics (passed at fourth-year level)
Selection is done after the closing date, based on the following:
- Candidates with a cumulative weighted average of at least 60% in the relevant undergraduate degree will receive preference
- A limited number of students can be admitted based on the available supervision capacity for the research projects in the department
- An entrance/admissions exam may be required and
- An interview with the HoD and programme coordinator
Duration of study
2 years, full-time.
The Faculty of Education at the University of Pretoria continues to develop into one of the largest and most diverse units in South Africa for the initial and advanced training of education professionals from across the world. A distinguishing characteristic of the Faculty is that it not only trains pre-service teachers but also educational psychologists, principals, researchers, programme evaluators, curriculum designers, computer education and training experts, assessment specialists, education policy analysts, community development workers and education law advisors working in national and international agencies and organisations.