The intermediate Phase is the education phase from Grade 4 to Grade 6. In this phase, more technical and academic skills are the focus. Students studying this degree are required to choose from a variety of subjects, ranging from English and Maths to Learning Needs and Social Sciences.
Minimum admission requirements for BEd
• The Registrar will directly contact BEd applicants who have to write the NBT examinations
• An NSC or IEB aggregate of at least 60% (excluding Life Orientation)
• Mathematics 40% OR Mathematical Literacy 60% AND Learners who were taught in English:
• English (Home Language or First Additional Language) 60% AND
• Afrikaans OR isiXhosa (Home Language or First Additional Language) 50%
OR Learners who were taught in Afrikaans:
• Afrikaans (Home Language or First Additional Language) 60% AND
• English OR isiXhosa (Home Language or First Additional Language) 50%.
For admission to the University you need:
• A National Senior Certificate or school-leaving certificate from the Independent Examination Board as certified by Umalusi with admission to bachelor’s degree studies; or
• A university exemption certificate issued by the South African Matriculation Board to students with other school qualifications.
Admission to bachelor’s degree studies requires that you obtain a mark of at least 4 (50-59%) in each of four designated university admission subjects.
How many subjects are there in the intermediate phase?
The Intermediate Phase includes six compulsory subjects: At least one home language (English or Afrikaans) A second language subject at Home Language or First.
Additional Language level (English, Afrikaans, or isiZulu).
Why is the intermediate phase important?
This phase teaches them how to use their previous knowledge to learn new concepts.
Your child is now at a stage where they are learning to work independently and develop their skills, but they are still reliant on the teacher and yourself to teach, instruct, and help them.
How much does a teacher with a bachelor’s degree earn in South Africa?
|Job Title: Primary School Teacher||Range: R83k – R280k||Average: R193,030|
|High School Teacher||Range: R130k – R324k||Average: R221,762|
|Educator||Range: R113k – R301k||Average: R214,234|
|Mathematics Teacher||Range: R115k – R318k||Average: R214,076|