- SA – 30/09/
- Non-SA – 31/08/
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or finalist in a four-year bachelor’s degree
- A weighted average of at least 65% at final-year level of the bachelor’s degree or final-year level of the four-year bachelor’s degree in one of the areas of specialisation:
- Ancient Cultures Studies
- Biblical Languages
- Classical Languages
- Semitic Languages
- Students who have not majored in any of the languages mentioned above will only be allowed to specialise in Ancient Cultures Studies
- Working knowledge in one or more of the relevant languages may be required
- An entrance/admissions examination may be required
Duration of study
1 year, full-time.
The Faculty of Humanities provides a holistic education, transferable skills, critical thinking, and communication and problem-solving that will help you develop to your full potential. You will be entering a stimulating environment that will broaden your intellectual horizons and help you achieve personal and professional success through the best possible learning experience.
As the most diverse Faculty of the University of Pretoria, we offer an exciting and comprehensive range of programmes and discipline-based majors, including studies in languages, social sciences and visual and performing arts.