The Bachelor of Science in a Business degree program with a concentration in Accounting/Finance is designed to provide undergraduate students with proficiency and knowledge in the fields of accounting and finance.
Minimum Faculty Requirements:
Your application will only be considered for admission to the University if you qualify for Bachelor’s degree study AND you satisfy the faculty requirements.
To qualify for a Bachelor’s pass status, learners are required to take seven subjects, four of which are compulsory (two languages, Life Orientation, and either Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy) and three of the learner’s own choice from the subjects on offer at the school.
To qualify for degree studies at Rhodes University, learners must pass:
English language at an achievement rating of 4 (50 – 59%) or above.
At least four of the seven subjects must be from the list of the recommended subject list set out below and students must have obtained an achievement rating of 4 (50 – 59%) or above.
Meet Faculty requirements: subject requirements and percentage required.
PLEASE NOTE: Obtaining the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance!
Recommended subject list:
Accounting, Agricultural Science, Business Studies, Consumer Studies, Dramatic Arts, Engineering Graphics & Design, Economics, Geography, History, Information Technology, Languages, Life Sciences, Mathematics / Mathematical Literacy, Music, Physical Science, Religion Studies, Visual Arts.
The minimum entry requirements for admission to Rhodes University in 2022 are set out in the following table below. Note (a) the point levels that are required (b) the differences in the achievement levels that are needed for Mathematical Literacy, (c) the need for Life and/or Physical Sciences for degrees in Science or Pharmacy.
Apply online visit: www.ru.ac.za/admissiongateway
Apply online visit: https://ross.ru.ac.za
1. Register on the online system at https://ross.ru.ac.za/ using your email address and creating a password
2. You will then be sent an email with a link to activate you on the system.
3. Click the link to activate your registration.
4. This process will take you back to ROSS where you need to click the Admission/another button (clicking the right button here is important)
5. You will then be allowed to enter your login and password created in step one.
6. Once you have completed your application you need to tick the button accepting the terms and conditions and submit.
7. When you have submitted you are required to pay the R100 application fee. Various options are provided by the system.
8. If you pay your application fee to the bank you need to use your application number as the reference and email the deposit slip to us.
9. Once you have completed the process above we will process the application and you are provided a student number and login
An APS score of 40 points and above will receive a firm offer, 37-39 points will remain on hold until the end of September to be considered by the Dean if space is available. Candidates who offer a combination of Advanced level (A), Advanced Subsidiary level (AS), Ordinary level (O), Higher International General Certificate of Secondary Education (HIGCSE), and International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), five (5) different subjects are counted. The basic minimum requirement for admission to the University is a certificate of Full Exemption or Foreign Conditional Exemption from the Matriculation Board.
Applicants who have passed A levels are eligible for full exemption provided the passes in approved subjects meet the following requirements:
A-level: symbols A-E (minimum of 2 subjects)
AS-level: symbols A-D (4 subjects and 1 at O-level)
O-level: symbols A-C (maximum of 3 subjects)
At least 2 subjects at A-level and 3 different subjects at O-level or 3 subjects at A-level and 2 at O-level
HIGCSE: symbols 1-3 (4 subjects)
IGCSE: symbols A-C (1 subject)
International Baccalaureate (B)
3 High level (HL) subjects: Grade 4
4 Standard Level (SL) subjects: Grade 5
|Symbol/Result/ Grade||Points Awarded|
|A, O & IGCSE||HIGCE||IB||A Level||AS Level||HIGCSE||O Level & IGCSE|
What kind of jobs can you get with a bachelor’s in business?
What subjects are needed for business Science?
All Commerce graduates should have a solid academic foundation in a range of ‘core’ subject areas: Accounting, Information Systems, Economics, Business Law, Mathematics, Statistics, Evidence-based Management, and Ethics.